|Building and Zoning Division|
|Parks and Recreation|
|Division of Police|
Division of Police
3360 Park St.
Grove City, OH 43123
Hours: M-Su 24hrs
Cops and Kids Scam Alert
A Grove City resident received a call from an unidentified male, Tuesday, Feb. 11, requesting donations for "Grove City Cops and Kids." The call quickly ended when the resident informed the caller they were not interested.
The Grove City Division of Police is not affiliated with any such organization and phone calls requesting donations to this organization should be considered fraudulent. Please forward any information to the Grove City Division of Police at 614-277-1710.
To protect yourself, follow tips from the Ohio Attorney General Consumer Scams web page or the Office of the Ohio Consumers' Council web page.
According to the Ohio Attorney General's Office and the Ohio Consumers' Council residents should be vigilant in their dealings with persons seeking to sell products or services over the telephone, door-to-door or via email.
- Ask for the salesperson's name and, if a face-to-face meeting, ask to see the salesperson's company identification.
- Keep your account numbers and social security number private.
- Beware of saying "yes" on the phone. An affirmative response to a salesperson's question can be taken as consent to enrollment in a service you did not request.
- Do not give in to high-pressure tactics.
- When in doubt, tell the caller you will research the information and contact the legitimate business or organization asking for the donation.
- Don't respond to unexpected email messages from senders you don't know. A scam email may look very similar to one from a legitimate business.
- Skim emails for misspelled words or grammatical errors that could signal a scam.
Visit the Grove City Division of Police website for crime alerts, trends and tips regarding ways to reduce your chances of being a crime victim.
If you would like additional information on other crime prevention programs, call 614-277-1765 or e-mail the Crime Prevention Coordinator.